Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Heavy Rainfall in Rojales


The last week or so of poor weather, in particular heavy rain, has had a rather dramatic effect on the Rio Segura.
My daughter and I went out for a walk this afternoon and we were surprised to see just how high the water had risen. The water had brought down lots of rubbish with it, and the council had sent a tractor down to start clearing it away. I can see it being a big job for them!
The Segura is usually in a state of semi drought although it has been known to flood in the past due to torrential rain. However since the canal system was put in place in the 1990s, flooding has not been a problem in this area, as they help to move the water more efficiently.
We are hoping that this cold spell will finish soon and we will have some lovely sunshine again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, as you can see this is my first post here.
In first steps it's very nice if somebody supports you, so hope to meet friendly and helpful people here. Let me know if I can help you.
Thanks in advance and good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

Just keep doing good content.